Sunday, December 26, 2010

Playing the day after Christmas

This year was a fantastic Christmas, and Victoria and I had so much fun traveling from one family to another. It was exhausting, and I wouldnt trade it. From my family I got some great presents, and of course some photography toys. 

Since it has been raining the past few days, Victoria and I decided to take a little trip down to Santee Lakes and take some pictures. It was such a nice day, and we really enjoyed the time with each other (and out of the house). 

Here are a few pictures from the day.


Here is a picture of Victoria's earning I got for her a while back with my new macro extension tubes. They sure are a lot of fun and I am able to get real close.



Here are 2 of the 3 tubes. They stack nice and small, are light weight, and great to use.


I also purchased a new lens, a Tokina 500mm f8 reflex lens. It is a manual focus lens, and uses mirrors instead of the way conventional lenses work, and creates a very neat background blur. Here are a few pictures with it.

 


It was a big fishing day today. This time, the fisherman won.


This was taken intentionally out of focus to show the effect. I thought it turned out really nicely.


Victoria took me to lunch later, and we went to Olive Garden. I of course had to take a close up photo of my soup!


Now here a few pictures taken by Victoria. She sure is turning into quite the shutter bug. 

Didnt I tell you it was a gorgeous day?


I thought this was a very interesting root, and I love the angle she took on it.




Thank you all. I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment