Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Michele and Jake - Engagement Photographs 12-28-10

Some of you may recognize Michele and Jake from a post I made Christmas Eve about Jake's safe arrival from Guam. Jake will be leaving soon, so we had to make the most of his time here. Michele dragged him to cake tasting in the morning (I dont think he hated it) and vowed to spend their evening with me. 

For a surprisingly sunny day after the torrential downpour we have been experiencing the past few days, Michele, Jake, my assistant Kevin and I spent the next 3 hours on one of the most fun photoshoots I have had to date. Words cannot describe it fully, so I will try with some photos.




I told her to go ahead and kiss him. Apparently he wasnt too fond of the idea? He soon warmed up to it, and I know Jake was enjoying himself.



I kinda fell in love with Michele's shoes. I dont think its ever happened to me before, and I am slightly ashamed. But can you blame me? Sporting the red, just for me (I am sure!)


They are going to be moving to Mississippi after the wedding, and I knew I needed to get a few with the San Diego skyline in. You will notice that a few times throughout this blog.





The little boy ran right in front of me while I snapped this photo, but I think the Superman logo on his shirt works well with this image.





And of course, we have to get a shot for mom.







This image came straight out of camera looking almost exactly like this. I love how the colors make such a great mood for the intimate couple.


We took the ferry across the bay to Downtown San Diego to catch a few shots. 


This isnt a picture I normally do, but it was fun.


Apparently they were getting tired of being photographed, and my assistant Kevin grabbed this shot of them taking our picture for a change.


"Dont Smile" was almost all of the instruction given for this photograph.


At the San Diego Convention Center they have amazing stairs that I have been wanting to photograph. Apparently there was something going on that day, and they had the stairs blocked off. Well, needless to say, we moved the border and took a quick few snaps. The security guards came over, but allowed us to finish. Graciously, we took a few pictures and thanked them for their kindness. I am glad too, because we got some exciting stuff from it.



This is different for me, but i LOVE it in this image.


And of course, I had to bring out the fisheye.


Here is proof that doing tests shots and getting your lighting right can turn out spectacular when you have a couple like these guys.



We here sure do love our transit system!


After spending only about 45 minutes of shooting in Downtown, we took the ferry back and said our goodbyes. I cannot tell you how excited I am to shoot their wedding in May.





1 comment: