Friday, April 8, 2011

Heather and Nick - Engaged (Mission Trails)

d like to introduce you to Heather and Nickolas. I was introduced to Heather by her sister, Theresa, who (whom?) I used to work with at Best Buy. Theresa is also a photographer, and since she cant photograph the wedding (Maid of honor - obviously) she asked if we could get together to talk about it. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous. Photography is photography, but when you are shooting for another photographer, let me tell you the stress level is raised a bit.

Anyways, we sat down, talked about which package would work best for Heather and Nick, and planned the engagement session. While Heather was a bit apprehensive at first about a session, Theresa and I talked her into it, and I am so glad we did.

I can tell that their wedding - coming up on May 14th, 2011 - is going to be fantastic indeed! A backyard wedding, filled with DIY decorations, I am sure this wedding will fall nothing less than the "rustic elegance" it was described as.

Anyways, on to the photos shall we?




Nick actually works with these machines, so it was great that I was able to arrange it to be there (we actually just stumbled upon it, but don't tell them)


These are the photos I LOVE - the raw, true reaction. I try to make the engagement sessions fun and light hearted, and when I can capture an image like this, it really makes me smile.



Mission Trails is beautiful this time of year!


And another, great, fun shot!









This photo I think would look great as a large print!


And finally, to finish off the session with one of my favorite types of photos - silhouette. The cloudy day made for a very interesting sky. Who knew that this couple can still be so beautiful, even though you cannot see them.


As I mentioned earlier, I try to keep my engagements fun and light (with a dash of romance). I received one of the best compliments from this session when Heather posted these images on her Facebook page. When someone complimented her on the engagement photos, she proudly informed her friends when she posted, "Dude his name is Bryan Koci and he is soooo funny! He made Nick so confortable the whole time. His company is red tie photography. He's awesome!"
Once again, she posted, "Thanx guys. My photographer made us so very relaxed and fun"

These are the types of posts that I love to see, especially from Heather who was very tentative about doing the session in the beginning. It obviously didn't take these two long to warm up to the idea or the session (about .02 milliseconds) and we were off. 

Thank you very much Heather and Nick for being so outstanding, and I cannot wait to photograph your amazing wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment