Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kerry and Patrick - Engaged!

Let me just start off by saying this couple holds a special place in my heart (just like all of my couples). I learned that Patrick got engaged last year at a Christmas party, put on by his mom, who also happens to have known me since I was really young and plays the piano for our church music group that I sing in. Patrick and I had been talking for 45 minutes - a little about his wedding, more about his beautiful bride-to-be, and soon after we went on our way. Flash forward to a few months later, I was talking to Frances and she passed my card along to Kerry, we started talking, and that was that.

We decided that Balboa Park would be fitting for an engagement session, seeing that they are having their reception at The Prado, and the fact they are both self-proclaimed "plant geeks". Little did I know this phrase held so much weight. As we started in the cactus garden, Patrick and Kerry took turns naming every plant they saw - most of which I thought was scientifically named "plant" or "tree". Obviously, I was wrong. It was a very informative engagement session, and I assure you I will learn a lot more plant names after their wedding.

Anyways, on with the photos!




Does it get any cuter?











A good one to end on, the plant nerdy-ness came out and gave us a great leaf that symbolized this beautiful day.





Stay tuned, for we will be back with Patric and Kerry's wedding photos in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment